How to add annotations to your Scatter visualization
The annotations module allow you to add labels, blocks of text and connector lines and arrows to your Scatter visualization. Here's how to add them to your Scatter visualization.
Please note the annotations module is currently only available in the Scatter template. To learn how to add line highlights directly in your visualization, head over to this help doc.
- Create your Scatter visualization with your data, colors and settings.
- Add your visualization to a story by clicking on Create a story in the top-right corner of the visualization editor.
- Inside the story editor, you'll find a pen icon in the right corner of the visualization. Use this to drop in annotations. Simply click where you'd like to add annotation. Wherever you click, an annotation will be added.
- Once you've added your annotations, you can avoid more from being added on click by clicking on the pen icon again.
- To edit the styling of your annotations, reopen the panel and select which annotation you'd like to edit. Then change the marker and connector settings by unfolding those sub-menus.
Settings include which devices you'd like your annotations to be visible on:
As well as if you'd like to use a line as a connector, or a popup:
And which shape you'd like your annotation to appear with – if any:
- If you're not happy with the position of your annotation text, simply drag it to a different place.
- If you only want to add annotations to this one visualization and don't want to add more slides to your story, turn off the navigation. This will remove the captions text area and the arrows, and your visualization is ready to be published!