Adding line labels to your line chart
Adding line labels to your line chart can bring a number of benefits. They can:
- Help the user understand what each line represents.
- Simplify the issue of having lots of lines in your visualization, which can become overwhelming and confusing.
- Bring attention to lines that may not have as significant of position as other lines.
- Less navigating between the visualization and legend.
Adding line labels to your visualizations
- Upload your data into the "Line, bar and pie" template.
- Go to the "Labels" section on the settings panel on the preview page of your visualization and click the switch for "Show labels on lines".
- You can now customize your line labels to however you see fit.
Ways to customize your line labels
- Keeping the labels the same color as the lines keep your visualization consistent and help to know which line is which.
If you do want to change the colors of the line labels to all be the same, you can change the color of the text in the labels section.
- Ability to change the appearance of the line connecting to the label. In this option, you can change the display of the line, color, padding, and width of the line.
- Remove the legend to simplify the appearance of the visualization, since the line labels are doing the job of informing what each color means.