How to enable multi-factor authentication
Multi-factor (or two-factor) authentication, also abbreviated as MFA (or 2FA), is an additional layer of security that you can add to your online accounts. It usually involves using an authenticator app (such as Google Authenticator) to ensure that your account and personal data are protected.
To enable 2FA for Flourish:
- Hover over your username in the top right-hand corner and open My account from the dropdown menu:
- Under Private Info, head over to Two-factor verification and click Enable:
- This will open a new window with a QR code which you can scan in an app such as Google Authenticator or Authy
- Once you have scanned the code, enter the 6-digit code shown in the app
- Done! ✅
- Under My account now, you should be able to see that 2FA has been enabled:
- The next time you log into Flourish, you will receive the following message:
- Open your authenticator app and add the code. You should now be able to log in.
If you experience any issues with the 2FA, we may be able to help. Message us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Note: If you are part of a company team that requires 2FA, but have it disabled by our support team for any reason, you will be prompted to set it up again when you log in.