How to change number formatting
In this article
How to add a prefix or suffix
Are you trying to represent percentages but instead of 2,152% – as you added your numbers in the data – your visualization is showing 2152 as a value?
You will need to change the number format.
- Switch to the Data tab and check what type of decimal separator your data uses. In this example, it's a comma.
- Switch back to the Preview tab and go into the Number formatting settings. Here, make sure that the decimal separator matches the one used in your data.
- If you would like to display your number as a percentage, you will have to add a suffix. You can do this under Number styling > Suffix.
How to multiply or divide values
When working with data with large numbers, you might want to round them to thousands, millions, or billions. You can achieve this with our number formatting settings.
- Multiply by: Multiplies all your values by a certain value
- Divide by: Divides all your values by a certain value
Example: Dividing 1.94E+09 by 1000000000 will return 1.94
- x 10 to the power of: Instead of having lots of zeros, you show how many powers of 10 will make that many zeroes. When supplying a negative number, it will round to that number of zeroes. For example, -3 will give you thousands, and -6 will give you millions.
Example: Supplying -9 powers of 10 for 1.94E+09 will return 1.94
TIP: Use the x 10 to the power of option to easily display millions or billions without having to calculate what to divide your values by.