How to connect multiple sheets in a Google Sheet to live-updating visualizations
When you're creating several live-updating visualizations for a project, it might be easier to keep all the data in one Google sheet rather than having several files to switch between.
In this doc, we'll show how to connect up multiple sheets in a single Google sheet to different visualizations. If you're just getting started with live-updating visualization in Flourish, check out this help doc first.
- Set up your data in a Google sheet, with different sheets that will be used for each Flourish visualization.
- When your data's all set up, go to File > Share > Publish to web.
Select your first sheet from the dropdown, switch the filetype to Comma-separated values (.csv) and hit Publish. This will provide you with a unique URL that links only to this specific sheet of data.
NOTE: Even if you want to publish the entire sheet eventually, you need to select and publish the sheets one by one in order to retrieve separate URLs for each.
- Copy the URL and back in your Flourish visualization, select Import from URL from the data upload button and paste the URL here.
- Now go back to your Google sheet and repeat steps 3 and 4 for the next sheet and next visualization.
- Continue repeating steps 3 and 4 for any other sheets and visualization you have.