How to delete regions from your map
You can remove a region from a visualization by deleting the corresponding row in the Regions data sheet. In the below example, we started off with the blueprint of the United Kingdom (regions) and deleted all regions but England.
- In the Regions geometry tab, locate the rows with the region/regions you would like to delete and delete them.
- You may notice that an error message has appeared on the right-hand side.
This is because while we deleted the region boundaries, we still haven't erased data from the Regions data tab.
- To fix this, go to the Regions data tab and erase all information that concerns the deleted regions from the Regions geometry tab.
- If you have deleted all data without geometry, you'll see that the error has disappeared.
- Switch to the Preview tab and make sure the bounds are set to Auto.
If you are deleting regions from a map of the US, the projection will probably still be set to
Albers USA and your regions will display relative to the whole of the US (see example below). Therefore, make sure and switch to a different projection, for example
Equirectangular, and select your bounds to be